Monday, September 12, 2011

A rawtastic journey

Hey there! This blog will be basically info for myself, and others that care to follow along with me on this journey. I am learning more and more about "food" and what I have been finding, I am not a fan of and can not imagine continuing to put this stuff in my body, or my families. This will document our lifestyle change to become healthy and mostly chemical and toxin free. I say mostly, well, because I am sure we all slip at some points. Now let me say, I don't think this will be a 100% raw "diet" (I hate that word), but mostly a mix of vegetarian, vegan, raw. My husband and six year old do not want to give up milk or cheese, so I will accommodate, plus I enjoy a good coffee, and pastry once in awhile. I am learning about this along the way, and be nice, I am new to all of this. I was a carne asada fry lover not long ago.

Pictures of my food making will come along with the posts, but for today I have had a green juice made of spinach, carrots, and an apple. Lunch has been brown rice, tofu grilled with red peppers, my three year old thought it was Kalbi Steak, off to a good start!

By the way, I am reading the "Skinny Bitch" so that is helping with the no meat for sure! This book has not made me decide to change, it was actually a local company here in Hawaii that makes delish raw food called Licious Dishes. They are amazingly good and inspired me to try making raw foods at home.

Grab a seat, and I welcome you to follow us on this Rawtastic Journey!

(I need to add, I am not a writer at all, and know my grammar will be a big issue here.)

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the pictures and recipes!

    hed

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo support your journey and look forward to hearing about it. Ya for being toxin free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start with the blog. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blogging. I look forward to reading about your journey. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mahalo Deb! Funny! I came across your blog today after Whole foods tweeted about you today! Look forward to reading your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your new journey! I remember when I went mostly raw! (I was 18 weeks pregnant and was scared about getting enough protein, and being that I had gestational diabetes - couldn't eat beans, so ate a little eggs and fish a couple times per week) I still prefer to eat mostly raw!

    Aloha,

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete