Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I wear my sunglasses while I cook.

Yes, you read that right! I broke them out after my almond issue the other day, and the sun beating in the window.

First things first, the ice kreme I made is ok. I still have the nut texture going on so obvi I didn't blend those suckers long enough. It tasted good though! Lesson of the day: BLEND!!

Breakfast today was: pineapple (fresh from the farmers market!) dried coconut, Mac nuts, and a little agave.

Lunch: I had a Japanese yam. I had no clue what to do with the bugger. I cut the sucker up, turn the oven to 450, tossed the yam with EVOO, garlic powder and salt, then put them on a cookie sheet. 15/20 mins later they were done. Lesson: if you make them, keep an eye on them. Sone of mine burnt. I was too bust watching "The Rachel Zoe Project" and forgot about them. They still tasted good!

Dinner: spaghetti made two ways. I used the lasagna recipe from Chef Russell James of the raw chef, but turned it to spaghetti for the kids. The twist for the second was I used kelp noodles. Lesson: I have a texture issue with the kelp noodles and the fact they are from the ocean. Kids like kelp noodles and nothing else. Hubs loved everything and had seconds.

Strange thing going on. When I jumped to Raw foods only the first week of trying my eye had an issue. It ran like a leaky faucet. Not fun, and I was uber sleepy. I figured "detox". So now I had more raw foods again, guess what?! Leaky eye. Same eye. Strange?

Dessert is my downfall. If you have a good raw/healthy dessert please let me know. I am awful and have three fatty desserts waiting in my fridge that my lovely hubs picked up when I asked him to stop and get me EVOO. We are talking Shortcake, eclair, and tiramisu... Baaaaad.

Here is Russell's blog and recipe: http://therawchef.com/therawchefblog/lasagne-recipe super yummy, just watch the garlic, and I LOVE garlic.

Till tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO WEIRD with textures, and just looking at the kelp noodles would do me in. Uh uh...now Hungry Girl always talks about how amazing Shiritaki noodles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirataki_noodles), and she uses them for EVERYTHING. Maybe give those a try?

    hed

    ReplyDelete