Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Interesting attempts

I wanted to make pumpkin muffins so bad today, so I was going to "healthy" them up by making them vegan. I went to the kitchen and low and behold no baking powder!! Ugh!! Life over.

Not really. Life hand you no baking powder, you make raw pumpkin bars! I am 99% sure I now know why there isn't many raw recipes with pumpkin in them... They don't set up very well! I took a "basic" larabar recipe and put my own bippity boppity boo on it and add pumpkin, nutmeg, all spice, cinnamon and raisins to them. All looked and tasted fantastic! Then I realized with how warm it is in Hawaii these bars won't hold up. I froze them, sliced a few up, let them thaw for a minute and ate. They tasted like pumpkin pie without the crust! Pretty good! Next time I may turn this into a pie.

Dinner was interesting. Made sweet potato wontons in spring roll wrappers. Served with a spicy garlic sauce. They looked awful, but tasted really good!!


Pictures: pumpkin bar and the creepy looking dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, pumpkin..., ummm, yes I hope it was all better than it looks. Kinda reminds me of our yarn eggs. I enjoyed a "Shakeology" protein shake with PB, banana, liquid egg white, and pumpkin...followed by french toast and Mexican food later in the day.

    ReplyDelete